Thursday 3 May 2012

melted wax

                       Trichocereus Bridgesii 'melted wax'

This little beauty came from a trade with a nice Israeli chap.
It is a semi-monstrose cactus, because, unlike the penis plant, it grows in columns and not clumps.
Apparently this is still hotly debated, so if my description is innacurate please let me know.
By the way I can always be contacted on shop@the-mush-room.co.uk
I hope to get some cuttings of this little beast going soon as well, so look out for more of these rarities soon.
I have been told that this is a potent mescaline container, tested by human bio-assays.

3 comments:

  1. I should have explained it better, it is semi monstrose because it alternates between monstrose and normal growth. Its normal growth is the columnar form, whilst a plant that only grows monstrose will be a short clumper for Trichocereus bridgesii specifically. I think a little of the confusion is because it is also 4 ribbed altering it's normal appearance, but it is definatly semi monstrose, most likely the Sacred Succulents 4 ribbed semi monstrose clone, never heard of another one getting about but could be wrong. On a side note I think all Trichocereus are naturally a little semi monstrose, just most only show it in extreme conditions. I've seen one garden specifically where plants over 50 years old started showing semi monstrose growth after never showing it before due to drought, soil may have alot to do with it also. I dig the blog bro, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has been ID'd as a sausage melted wax. looking crazy now, ill update the blog in the week.

    ReplyDelete